Thursday, May 10, 2018

Why I Wanted Nick to Invite Daisy over for Tea

Ever since I had met Daisy, everything I had done had been for her. First, I had lied about my background to convince her that I was worthy of her love, which had worked for a while, as she said she would wait for me until the war was over. However, she had decided to marry Tom Buchanan while I was still away. He was actually a wealthy man who had come from a wealthy family. He was everything she could have ever wanted, and I was not. Some years later, I had acquired my fortune for her, I had moved to West Egg to be close to her, and then i began hosting elaborate parties to attract her. Everything, all of it, was for her, Daisy Fay. She was the girl of my dreams; everything I had ever really wanted, it was her. All I wanted and needed was her. After all these years without her, I felt like I needed to see her again; I wanted to reunite with her. I needed to see her again and I felt like I had my chance. I had asked Jordan to ask Nick if he could invite Daisy and I over for tea, but to not tell Daisy that I would be there. I wanted the tea to be at Nick's house because I also wanted her to see my mansion; I really wanted to please her. I was so afraid that Nick would decline or feel offended by me asking him to host the tea, but fortunately enough, he agreed.

4 comments:

  1. Nick (Christina Zhang): I totally understand that! And I am more than willing to help you. Daisy is my cousin and I want her be happy. I know how bad Tom is a person and how disloyal he is to Daisy. If you can love my cousin and make her happy, I would do anything I can to help you. After you invited me to the party, you have been treated me well, so I think I should do a favor in turn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being your "middle man" was definitely not my favorite thing. You wanted me to potentially try to end a perfectly good marriage and family because of your selfish heart. But I guess if it was true love, then it was worth it for me to risk separating Tom and Daisy through Nick. I was really surprised with how intricate and involved your plan was. You had to go through me, Nick, and hopefully Daisy would accept your invitation to go to tea. I think the whole thing is silly, but then again, I think love is silly.

    ReplyDelete