Wednesday, May 9, 2018

What I was Feeling... When I Reunited with Daisy

The day had come that I would be able to see Daisy again after many years. I don't think I've ever been so nervous before in my life; what if Daisy no longer loves me like she used to years ago? What if everything goes wrong? Everything had to be perfect that day no matter what. Although I was nervous, I was also ecstatic to once again be in the presence of Daisy Buchanan. She was everything I had ever dreamed of. I was getting more and more nervous by the minute. I could not believe I was about to see Daisy again. As four o'clock approached, I felt discouraged as I began to believe that she would not show up, but alas, Daisy Buchanan pulled into the driveway. As soon as I saw the vehicle, I went outside. This is when I began to feel the most nervous and most anxious. I was not ready to see Daisy yet. However, as soon as she settled into the living room, I decided to go back inside, although I was still quite tense. When Nick opened the door, I walked straight into the living room, and there she was. I could not believe that that was really her. We both started to feel awkward, as we did not really know what to say to each other. She then said, "I certainly am awfully glad to see you again," in which I replied, "We've met before." If I did not feel awkward already, I then accidentally knocked over Nick's clock. I felt so anxious at the time that out of the one thousand things I wanted to say, I could not say a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment