Thursday, May 10, 2018

What I was Thinking... When Tom Buchanan Confronted Me about Daisy

We were at lunch at Tom and Daisy's house with Nick and Jordan. I already had the idea that Tom had disliked me, so I had to be careful of what I said or did. Daisy had suggested that we all go to town, since it was a very hot day. She then looked at me, and told me that she loved me, right in front of her husband. Things were beginning to feel awkward, as she kept going on about how nice I looked. I did not know what to think about the situation. Tom then stood up and began walking, "If we're going to go to town, let's start." The girls went upstairs to get ready, and it was just us three, Nick, Tom, and I. I could tell that Tom was not pleased. I had to be careful about what I could say there. However, once we've made it to the city and settled into the suite, Tom Buchanan asked the question, "What kind of a row are you trying to cause in my house anyhow?" I had known that Tom had known about Daisy and I having an affair, or at least had an idea of what was happening, and I was honestly glad that he had brought it up. I took this time to tell him that Daisy did not really love him and that she loved me. I had told him that she had only married him because he was rich and that she was tired of waiting for me to return. Tom was feeling very angry at this point. Daisy then admitted that she loved Tom and did not love me. I could not believe it. I knew in my heart that I was the one Daisy wanted, no matter what she said. Daisy wanted me and she was going to leave Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment