Friday, May 11, 2018

Why I Took The Blame for Killing Myrtle

After the confrontation in the city, I allowed Daisy to drive home, as she was anxious and felt that driving would calm her down. As we were driving back home, the car struck Myrtle, killing her instantly. Daisy had not seen her right away and was unable to stop the vehicle. I knew that I was going to be taking the blame for Myrtle's death; I wanted to take the blame. Since we were driving my car, I was sure Tom and Mr. Wilson had already suspected that I struck Myrtle. I also did not want anything to happen to Daisy, I had still loved her even if she did not love me; I would always love Daisy, no matter what. I even wanted to stay outside and make sure that Tom did not hurt Daisy and that Daisy was okay. I had also still wanted to stand on the deck watch for the green light. I had stood out there until four o'clock in the morning, waiting for her, but nothing had happened. Nick had suggested that I move away and forget about Daisy, but I could never imagine leaving her. I had still loved Daisy and would do anything for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment